Crime Report, 2-24-2006

An armed robbery occurred in the 5200 block of South Drexel Avenue on February 16 at 9:45 p.m. A man was walking by an alleyway when two men pulled up to him in a grey four-door automobile. The passenger asked the man if he had any narcotics in his possession. After the man replied “no,” the passenger exited the car and pulled a handgun on the victim, proceeding to go through his pants pockets and take an undetermined amount of money before returning to the vehicle. The offenders drove through the alley toward East 52nd Street and fled the scene. The victim described the passenger as a black man, 35-40 years old, 6’2”, and 250 pounds and described the driver as a black man, 35-40 years old, 6’, and 180 pounds.

A man pumping gas at the BP Amoco station at 5138 South Lake Park Avenue reported that on February 17 at 8:15 p.m., he was approached by a man who said he needed money. After the victim replied that he did not have any money, the offender reportedly displayed a handgun, at which point the victim turned over an undetermined amount of money. The offender was described as a black man, approximately 25 years old, 6’, 250 pounds, wearing a New York Yankees hat and blue jeans.

An armed robbery occurred on February 16 at 6:20 p.m., in an alley near South Woodlawn Avenue and East 53rd Street. A man was walking to his car when he was approached by a man armed with a knife and a woman who demanded money, according to police reports. A struggle broke out and the victim was stabbed, after which the offenders fled the area. The victim was reportedly hospitalized in stable condition, and police continue their investigation.