Crime Report

An armed robbery occurred on May 10 at 5300 block of South Harper Avenue at 6:20 a.m. A man with a knife approached a 45-year-old woman in her building, demanding her house keys. Once he obtained them he left through the back of the building, dropping the knife in the process, and ran south down an alley. When police arrived on the scene, they did not catch the offender but found the knife. The offender is described as a black male, age 40, 5 feet 6 inches, 160 pounds. He is bald, with a dark complexion and bloodshot eyes, and he was wearing a short shirt.

A strong-arm robbery occurred on May 11 on the 4700 block of South Lake Park Avenue at 3 p.m. A woman, age 18, reported that she was approached on the street by two men who asked her to give them change. When she did, they grabbed her wallet and took her jewelry, which included a few rings and necklaces. The men fled west. One man was described as a black man, age 35 to 40, 5 feet 6 inches, 120 pounds, with medium complexion, wearing a yellow shirt with a blue vest and jeans. The other was described as a black man, age 35 to 40, 5 feet 5 inches, 150 pounds, with dark complexion, who was wearing a blue cameo shirt and blue pants.

Bank One, located at 1204 East 53rd Street, was robbed, May 12 at 9:10 a.m. A man approached one of the tellers and said, “I have a gun.” He demanded that money be put in an envelope. The teller complied. The offender was last seen heading east on 53rd Street on foot. He is described as a black man, age 45 to 55, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 8 inches, 160 pounds, bald, with a dark complexion. He was wearing a black long-sleeve sweatshirt and black jeans with gym shoes.

—Isaac Wolf