Austan Goolsbee drinks at Jimmy’s

As we get back into the swing of things here at headquarters, I’d be remiss if I didn’t do a little c

As we get back into the swing of things here at headquarters, I’d be remiss if I didn’t do a little catch-up on what happened this summer–an exciting few months for Hyde Park that started, quite literally, with an earthquake and produced dozens of newspaper and magazine stories on “Mr. Obama’s Neighborhood.”So, in case you missed it, the New York Times Travel magazine featured our beloved Jimmy’s Woodlawn Tap in its most recent issue. Key quote:

Jimmy’s occupies a unique patch of urban geography: it squats, along with the University of Chicago, in a residential oasis surrounded by some of the city’s more notorious slums. And that gets it about right. For Chicago’s genius has always occupied the boozy littoral separating ‘‘is’’ from ‘‘ought,’’ the gangster from the prof, the ivory tower from the real world. And when Chicago’s genius gets its drink on, it goes to Jimmy’s Woodlawn.

The author catches up with none other than GSB Professor/Obama advisor/Editors Blog Man Crush, Austan Goolsbee, and offers up some juicy color that might be familiar to Hyde Parkers (for instance, that the bar keeps a set of Encyclopedia Britannica on hand to settle arguments).You can read it all here, and of course, here‘s a wonderful photo of G-Unit, sippin’ on some crunk juice.