Crime Report: April 21, 2009

The latest from this week’s Hyde Park blotters

April 17, 12:01 a.m.

A man sitting in his car on the 800 block of South Ellis Avenue reported that he was approached by two offenders, described as black males with braided hair, who demanded his money at gunpoint. One of the offenders then instructed the victim to flee the area and the victim complied.

April 17, 11:50 p.m.

A woman was walking south on the 5400 block of South University Avenue when her purse was snatched by an unknown assailant. The offender fled on foot, but University Police were able to retrieve the purse with a few valuables missing. The alleged offender is described as a black male, 5’7”, and 130 pounds.

April 19, 4:00 a.m.

A man on the 5400 block of South Ellis Avenue was approached by two unknown black males. The first offender demanded the victim empty his pockets while the second reached into the victim’s pockets and retrieved an undetermined amount of cash and a cell phone. Both offenders are described as between 20 and 25 years old.

April 19, 4:20 a.m.

A man on the 5400 block of South Ellis Avenue was accosted by four men, who punched him while demanding money. After one attacker retrieved an undetermined amount of money form the victim’s person, the four men fled. The first offender was described as black, 18 to 22 years old and wearing a white shirt. The other offenders were wearing a red shirt, a black shirt, and a red hat, respectively, The police are investigating possible connections between this robbery and an earlier robbery that took place in the same location twenty minutes earlier.