Crime Report: May 12, 2009

Crime Report: 5.12.2009

May 8, 11:10 a.m.A 26-year-old man cutting through an alley on the 5100 block of South Kimbark Avenue was approached by a handgun-wielding man who demanded that the victim drop his possessions. The victim complied and the offender fled towards East 53rd Street. The offender is described as a black male in his 20s, five-feet-eight-inches, wearing a blue baseball cap, red sweatshirt, blue jeans, and carrying a blue book bag.

May 8, 12:45 p.m.A 20-year-old man on the 1500 block of East 26th Street was approached by a stranger who demanded the victim surrender his book bag. After hearing the demand a second time, the victim complied and the offender fled north. The offender is described as a black male, 18–19 years old, with black hair and slender build and carrying a blue book bag. Police are looking into a possible connection between this robbery and previous robberies, including the one above, in which the offender was also carrying a blue bag.

May 9, 12:10 a.m.A 22-year-old woman on the 5100 block of South Greenwood Avenue was approached by two men who demanded she surrender her possessions. After attempting to ignore them, the victim surrendered her cell phone and bag. One of the offenders was spotted reaching into his pocket, implying he was in possession of a handgun. Both offenders fled eastbound. The offenders are both described as black, 18–20 years old, five-feet-seven-inches, and wearing black sweaters, black pants, and black shoes.

May 9, 9:05 a.m.A 28-year-old man on the 5100 block of South Woodlawn Avenue was approached by a handgun-wielding man, who told the victim to “Give me everything.” After obtaining the victim’s personal property, the offender walked northbound. The offender is described as black, in his 20s, black hair, brown eyes, and wearing a black jacket and black pants.