Reg book sale empties stacks

What begins with the number 10,000 and ends with zero five days later? A book sale at the Regenstein, of course. Beginning Monday, November 8, and running through Saturday, the Reg is holding a book sale of fabled proportions, featuring over 10,000 duplicate and discarded volumes for sale. Students will have the opportunity to enhance their personal libraries while simultaneously benefiting the University, as proceeds will be used to fund additional library programs and initiatives.

The books available for purchase include hardbacks and paperbacks, as well as maps, recordings, and other miscellaneous material. Prices will be reduced each day, starting at $20 for a hardback, ten dollars for a paperback, and five dollars for a map or recording. On Friday, hardbacks will sell for one dollar, paperbacks for 50 cents, and maps for 25 cents. The falling prices will culminate in total liquidation on Saturday, with any remaining volumes available free of cost, between the hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Books will be on sale on the first floor of the Reg, in Room 120, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the week. For further information, contact Scott Perry at 773-702-8734, or s-perry@uchicago.edu.