Admin Elly Daugherty to leave for UConn

Daugherty has served as Assistant Vice President for Student Life and Associate Dean since 2010.

Assistant Vice President for Student Life and Associate Dean Eleanor “Elly” J.B. Daugherty (A.B. ’97) will leave the University in June for an administrative position at the University of Connecticut. She will assume the role of associate vice president for student affairs there on August 1.

Daugherty has held her current position since 2010. Daugherty has collaborated with many other offices at the University during her tenure, including College Alumni Relations, the Office of International Affairs, the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, the College Programming Office, the University Community Service Center, and the Office of the Reynolds Club and Student Activities.

“As an alumna of the College, I am grateful to have had the chance to give back to the students and the university community over the past four years. I am especially proud to have contributed to advancing the university’s core values of dialogue and free expression,” Daugherty said in a statement.

She highlighted the development of initiatives to promote service, civic engagement, and diversity education, including RISE, Chicago Bound, and the Student Leadership Institute.

Daugherty’s colleagues said that she will be missed. “In my role as dean of students in the university, I have greatly benefitted from Elly¹s leadership of key student life departments, her deep knowledge of the University and her extraordinary commitment to students…Elly leaves big shoes to fill,” Michelle Rasmussen, Dean of Students in the University, said in a statement.

The University is currently searching for Daugherty’s replacement for the next school year, according to University spokesperson Jeremy Manier.

Representatives from Student Government added that Daugherty was helpful in connecting them to upper University officials.

“Elly was very good at getting us involved with higher-level administrators. For example, she was able to allow College Council to meet with Dean Boyer several times a year. She definitely served as an excellent liaison to our organization,” second-year College Council Chair Mike Viola said.

Dean John Boyer and Daugherty’s other colleagues are arranging a farewell celebration for her. Her last day at the University is June 30.