Voting Opens on Uncommon Fund Ideas

Voting on the 10 ideas closes tomorrow.

Voting for Uncommon Fund ideas opened this week and will continue until Friday, February 24 at 5 p.m.

The Uncommon Fund is a Student Government (SG) committee that aims to support creative projects that “support, improve, or create student life in any way.” Ten projects are listed on this year’s Uncommon Fund poll, from which UChicago students are encouraged to vote for their three favorites. Winning projects will be announced during 10th week.

This year’s uncommon project proposals include a bounce house replica of Regenstein Library, a bilingual poetry publication written in Chinese and English to celebrate the centennial anniversary of modern Chinese poetry, and Phoenix Farms, a beekeeping and urban gardening project. Other proposals include Art as Pedagogy: Making Movements; “What If…” Public Policy Podcast; It’s On Student Athletes; Familiars are Made Evil (F.A.M.E.); the digitization of the Chicago Maroon archives; Swipe Out Hunger; and Battle RAyale.

Last year, the Uncommon Fund supported 14 projects, with funding ranging from $256 to $9,500 for each project and averaging $2,500.