Downtown Shuttle Runs with Partial Service From January 9 to January 17

The shuttle connects the Hyde Park campus to the Gleacher Center and the UCM clinics downtown.

By Gustavo Delgado

Since January 9, the University of Chicago’s downtown shuttle, which connects the University’s Hyde Park campus to the Gleacher Center and the UChicago Medicine clinics in downtown Chicago, has run with partial service to its multiple spots.

The shuttle runs from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., with approximately 20 minutes between shuttle arrivals. According to the University, the shuttle may experience “possible extended wait times” in between stops during this partial service period. The route will become fully operational on January 17.

The shuttle has three stops in Hyde Park to access central campus, the University of Chicago Medical Center, and off-campus living. There are five stops downtown. The map of the shuttle route and shuttle wait times can be found on the TransLoc app.

As on other UGo shuttles in Hyde Park, all University of Chicago community members can access the shuttle for free by tapping their UChicago ID card upon boarding.

Since fall 2022, the University has also provided students with 10 free Metra passes, which are added to existing student Ventra accounts upon request through the my.UChicago portal. These 10 passes cover the entirety of the Metra line and can be requested again after one year from the activation date.