Earth Week turnout high

Green Fest, a giant outdoor fair on campus, was a huge success—just ask any of the couple hundred or so who were there.

Once more, the Maroon demonstrates poor journalism by reporting on events that they did not actually attend (“Dim Lights, Trayless Dining, Low Turnout Mark Earth Week Events,” 4/24/09), as evidenced by writer Burke Frank’s emphasis on highly observable dining hall changes (in which, by the way, the Earth Week planning committee had no involvement, as it was a Campus Dining initiative), with only a cursory nod to “[o]ther events, including lectures, study breaks, and information sessions.” Where are the details of what actually happened at these events?There was standing room only at the Urban Agriculture panel. The composting workshop aroused the interest of countless passerby as they stopped to listen and learn more, and sign up for a free compost bin. And Green Fest, a giant outdoor fair on campus (which, unfortunately, occurred the day this article was published), was a huge success—just ask any of the couple hundred or so who were there.Journalists, next time you report on a series of events, please show up to one.Adrienne YuenClass of 2009Co-Chair, Green Campus Initiative