Joe Biden doesn’t care about black people (or at least he doesn’t think they’re very smart)

I really hope that Joe Biden doesn’t quit his quest for the Presidency–he says he’s not going to, ci

I really hope that Joe Biden doesn’t quit his quest for the Presidency–he says he’s not going to, citing polls showing him going from 3% in Iowa to…wait for it…5% (!!!). If he gives up, then who is going to give us quotes like this:

Biden attempted to explain why some schools perform better than others — in Iowa, for instance, compared with the District. “There’s less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that are minorities. What is in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with,” Biden said.

This is the same guy who said earlier this year, about Barack Obama’s early success in his presidential run, “”I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” What about Al Sharpton (not “nice-looking”) or Carol Moseley Braun (not “clean”) or Jesse Jackson (not “bright”)?