More Hyde Park fun: The Babysitter’s Club

Andy McCarthy has a real

Andy McCarthy has a real side-splitter up at the National Review–for the magazine, not the blog–where he spends upwards of 1,000 words pondering why the Los Angeles Times won’t release some video featuring “Hyde Park radical” Rashid Khalidi, and Barack Obama, without once, ever, thinking to ask the Los Angeles Times why they wouldn’t release such a video. (The answer, of course, is remarkably simple: They obtained the video on the condition it wasn’t made public. Scout’s honor.)I don’t really understand how this article exists. But since it does, I’ll post this choice nugget:

Reporter Peter Wallsten avoided, for example, any mention of the inconvenient fact that the revelers included Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, Ayers’s wife and fellow Weatherman terrorist. These self-professed revolutionary Leftists are friendly with both Obama and Khalidi — indeed, researcher Stanley Kurtz has noted that Ayers and Khalidi were “best friends.” (And — small world!it turns out that the Obamas are extremely close to the Khalidis, who have reportedly babysat the Obama children.)

Merlin’s beard! The “report” is an un-sourced press-release from “Family Security Matters,” which was summarily dismissed by Khalidi, who, presumably, would know. Anyway, long story short: LOCK YOUR DOORS.