STD (Stuff to Do)—April 9 through April 15

Thom Yorke’s supergroup, The Breakfast Club, and cats!

Friday | April 9

Once a month, when weather permits, galleries and studios in the Pilsen art district keep their doors open late for 2nd Fridays Gallery Night. As an added bonus, most of the more than 30 creative spaces participating in the event also host free wine receptions. (South Halsted and 18th Street, 6 p.m., free)

Saturday | April 10

While Thom Yorke may be listed as a headliner at this year’s Coachella festival, he will actually be appearing as a part of the band Atoms for Peace. The supergroup, which also includes Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, among other prolific musicians, is on a short tour in preparation for the Southern California festival. (1106 West Lawrence Avenue, 8 p.m., $50)

Though Twitter seems to be his instrument of choice these days, John Mayer also plays guitar from time to time. Catch him on tour for his album Battle Studies, appearing with special guest band Michael Franti & Spearhead. (1901 West Madison Street, 8 p.m., $34)

Sunday | April 11

The world-renowned Tsinghua University Dance Troupe will be performing Peking Opera and traditional Chinese dances as part of International House’s Global Voices Performing Arts series. The dance troupe, numbering over 1,000 members, is currently on tour to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the founding of Tsinghua University. (International House, noon, free)

Catch the Western Conference-leading Blackhawks as they take on the Detroit Redwings in the game of the season. This Sunday’s Central Division rival game will only be a precursor to the hockey that is to come in the post-season, as the Hawks vie for the Stanley Cup. (1901 West Madison Street, 2 p.m., $25)

Monday | April 12

In 2003, Chicago Tribune reporter Howard Reich wrote a report on how his 69-year-old mother was forced to relive the Holocaust experiences from her early childhood as a consequence of her late-onset Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The article became a book and—just recently—a documentary. Prisoner of Her Past follows Reich on his journey to Eastern Europe in an attempt to discover the truth behind his mother’s history. (164 North State Street, 6 p.m., $7)

Tuesday | April 13

I can has a home? Learn more about the new RSO geared towards volunteering with local animal shelters at the Paws UChicago study break. There will be pizza, a movie, and a presentation by the pet adoption website Hyde Park Cats. (Stuart 102, 6 p.m., free)

Wednesday | April 14

Molly Ringwald is no longer the starlet she was in the ’80s, and Emilio Estevez now earns his living by directing episodes of CSI: New York, but their youth will be forever immortalized in The Breakfast Club. The classic coming-of-age film about a fateful Saturday morning that brings five students of different high school cliques together is part of Doc Films’ John Hughes series. (Max Palevsky Cinema, 9 p.m., $5)

Thursday | April 15

In his documentary Coffee Futures, filmmaker Zeynep Devrim Gürsel uses the Turkish tradition of reading coffee grounds as a means of exploring the contested issue of Turkey’s potential accession into the European Union. The film will be followed by a lecture by Zeynep K. Korman, titled “Reading the Residues: Fortune Telling Cafés in Istanbul.” (Cobb 307, 7 p.m., free)