John Kerry’s non-speak

I don’t want to dwell on this too long, but I have to point out something that really annoyed me, asi

I don’t want to dwell on this too long, but I have to point out something that really annoyed me, aside from the intentional or unintentional insinuation that Kerry made, which was in fact quite atrocious.Kerry’s original statement was: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.” He implied that dumb kids go into the military.His excuse? He botched a joke about Bush. OK. If that is so, he was heading for something of a jab at Bush’s intelligence, right? This is what came next: “The White House’s attempt to distort my true statement is a remarkable testament to their abject failure in making America safe…It’s a stunning statement about their willingness to reduce anything in America to raw politics.”Let me get this straight. He was planning on making an ad hominem attack about Bush’s intelligence, but is mad about the Republicans’ “willingness to reduce anything in America to raw politics”?!? I understand that politics is politics, but man this is pretty bad.I should note that Kerry has officially apologized, and not just for botching the joke. But the damage has been done. The Dems were on a roll, and now Kerry is heading back to D.C., yanked from campaign stops for any Democrat who wants a job in Washington next year. I really hope this guy isn’t still thinking about running for president again. In my book, he’s toast.I do find it funny that the 2004 presidential nominees for both parties are political kryptonite this election.